Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 88reynard View Post
    Well said.

Here's a perspective from the owner of another brand (not yet a Spyder owner). Anyone who gets hung up on this topic from either viewpoint is missing out on the joys of the open road.
    Don't worry. This same topic will come up again, and again in the months ahead. What you've said is correct, and it to has been mentioned previously, every time this topic comes up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Hold On, Folks...

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Willie,
    Having been RAISED in Lynn, I think it's just that YANKEE insensibilities

Now I became a Spyder rider after 50 years in the "biker" and HOG community. Never a problem here. Sure, I initially got the kidding, but those same people were all over the RT wanting to know all about it and the first few weeks I was "Demo'd" out.

On the rode, when I pull in to a "biker" spot, again no problems. I walk in converse with the crowd and on the way out - all the surprised looks and smiles when I walk over to and mount the RT.

I noticed that the ones that get the "cold shoulder" are the kevlar knights and their crotch rockets. But IMHO it's not their dress, it's not their bikes, it's their attitude and lack of experience.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fjrwillie View Post
    I hail from NE and associate myself with the New England Riders (NER). Since they have gone FB it has really broadened the rider base. Someone posted up a picture of 4 or 5 Spyders parked in a row. It kind of looked like a BRP commercial shot. Nevertheless the comments flowed with many saying they don't consider the Spyder a motorcycle or it is for those that can not ride 2 wheels and similar comments. I posted up a couple of comments. The first one was I ride 2 wheels pretty good and I consider it a motorcycle. A couple more comments toward the negative side and I said, Having 175,000+ miles on a bike I don't see any difference from a Ural hack, Goldwing trike, HD trike, or even a Burgman scooter. Whether you ride a cruiser, sport tourer, a UJM they are all bikes, including the Spyder. It is my sense a lot of the negative comments came from those riders that maybe ride 1000 miles in a season. Interesting points of view. I now assume I won't get any waves back while on the road.

Willie

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Harley riders discuss who gets to be in the "Biker Club" every 20 miles or so at the next bar and over the next couple of rounds.

Spyder Garage

HaHaHa!

Maybe you know the stupid ones

AJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwall View Post
    Harley riders discuss who gets to be in the "Biker Club" every 20 miles or so at the next bar and over the next couple of rounds.

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

After 46 years of two wheels I went with a Spider F3S, not that I wanted to but the old bod has given out on long trips. Reality has set in I just can not go all day on two wheels anymore. We still have 12 bikes at home with two wheels but not for long trips. Most are vintage stuff to get out around town on nice days. We ride with some groups made up of all kinds most are older and don't care what you ride just that you can go and have fun. With the Spider I can ride all day and if my leg locks up, no big deal. All that maters is you like it and have fun, who cares what (they think). it's what you think. Enjoy the time you have to ride. Jim

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redrt View Post
    After 46 years of two wheels I went with a Spider F3S, not that I wanted to but the old bod has given out on long trips. Reality has set in I just can not go all day on two wheels anymore. We still have 12 bikes at home with two wheels but not for long trips. Most are vintage stuff to get out around town on nice days. We ride with some groups made up of all kinds most are older and don't care what you ride just that you can go and have fun. With the Spider I can ride all day and if my leg locks up, no big deal. All that maters is you like it and have fun, who cares what (they think). it's what you think. Enjoy the time you have to ride. Jim

Spyder Garage

My God who gives a FF
    How far you ride
    Do you trailor
    2or three wheels
    How many ccs

Good grief Charlie Brown

Sissies iswhatit soundslike to me

Please---
    Wave at me while you gripe about my comments

I have had nano bad experience while out and about

52 years riding & I know who I am

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ditto brettssunshine

I too took the 2 wheel course because at the time I thought NV required it for the Spyder. They have since changed. But 2 wheels and an engine scare the "s**t" out of me.I bought my F3 because it has 3 wheels. I wanted the experience of a bike. I also aced the written but was miserable at riding skills for 2 wheels. I don't think anyone should be judged-just get out, ryde safe and have fun no matter what your wheel configuration is.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    The great thing is....it doesn't matter what they think!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439277649.628241.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also aced the written but was miserable at riding skills for 2 wheels.
    That's pretty close to my experience too. I just did well enough to pass the riding portion, but at 73 years I knew I was never going to ride 2 wheels in traffic again, so I didn't care... and told them so.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just took the nd abate 2 wheeler course to get reduced ins rate & when I went in to get lic they told me taking that course waived taking road test. Also hello from fargo nd don't have a lot of spyders up here either mine is 2015 f3s & it is a ball to ride have had it about 4 mo, take care &be safe out there & don't let the hd crowd bug uh they ain't as great as they think they are just sayn

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Waving

I try to wave at other riders as we pass. If they don't wave back I assume they are busy holding onto the bars. Changing lanes, cornering, etc. I know I can't always wave for these very reasons. If it is any other reason that is their issue, not mine. Ride and enjoy.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Comparing three wheels to two wheels is kinda ridiculous anyway. Two wheels, trikes, reverse trikes, are all different creatures. You choose the equipment to achieve the goal. I find most two wheelers to be very friendly toward the spyder. Just not their preference. And when we do groups rides? Well, at the end of three hundred miles the Harleys often look at us and wish for a little more comfort. Choose the bike for what you want to accomplish at the end of the day. Not who you want to impress.

2015 RT-S

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Robertsepolen View Post
    Comparing three wheels to two wheels is kinda ridiculous anyway. Two wheels, trikes, reverse trikes, are all different creatures. You choose the equipment to achieve the goal. I find most two wheelers to be very friendly toward the spyder. Just not their preference. And when we do groups rides? Well, at the end of three hundred miles the Harleys often look at us and wish for a little more comfort. Choose the bike for what you want to accomplish at the end of the day. Not who you want to impress.

2015 RT-S
    Yesterday I went on a group ride. 18 Harleys, a Victory, and a Spyder. Nobody bitched that they had to ride with a Spyder, in fact I got many compliments and few envious comments. The only people who ever make a big deal out of it are the immature riders who haven't enough sense to realize that there are many different types of riders, and many different options to choose from. I don't care about what they think. This topic is hardly even worth discussing.

Pam

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I don't care what any other bike rider thinks of my spyder!....I ride with harleys,GXR's,R1's,you name it....and my GS 990 get mad respect so da hell with you if u don't consider my spyder a motorcycle. ....one thing for certain two things for sure..u sure can get killed on a spyder jus like you would on two wheels!...now can we jus ride along side each other and let the air get underneath your hair!....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Harey bashing

"Harley riders discuss who gets to be in the "Biker Club" every 20 miles or so at the next bar and over the next couple of rounds. "
    Not all Harley riders are posers. I have two: a 1942 Flathead, and a 1990 Flhtc with 97,000 mi I ride both regularly. I also have a Ural that I've ridden 15 years year round in Minnesota down to -18 If you think I'm a poser come ride with me this January! And no I wouldn't have you in my club because I don't care what you ride but apparently you do.
    Last edited by uralski; 08-16-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

Who are (those guys)
    As seen on Butch Cassidy & Sundance

Newman & Redford

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Brettssunshine View Post
    ....those naysayers can kiss my ..
    Nuf said.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779