Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2013 Post recall MPG report

Due to family issues and 100+ local temps ( I do not ride in those) and rain I haven't gotten a lot of miles riding since the recall was done. I finally finished my first full tank and am pleased to report the MPG I got from it was 30.5 mpg. On a good day prior to the recall I was getting 26mpg. I did not baby it , it was stop and go beach traffic with lots of WOT starts. All RPMs were kept above 5K and 93octane was used. I was always skeptical of prior to '13 owners reporting over 30mpg... not any more
    Last edited by Magdave; 08-09-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

glad the heat issue is solved and we are getting all these reports in from our members.. even better is the improved mileage...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave!
    I am SOOOO glad to hear that your Spyder is finally starting to make you feel better about BRP's repair efforts!

Here's to hoping for even more pleasant surprises for you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

This last tank I had 32.5 which is using low octane

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I got my heat recall done 8/8 and just road 50 miles and no heat. It also had a bad o ring in the throttle body and it was repaired. This was all done at the 14000 miles valve adjustment. Luckily I had purchased a extra 3 year warranty and a service contract. I usually don't buy service contracts or warrantys but with not knowning must about spiders I did. My mileage was around 25-30 miles before this hopefully this will help. I never paid much attention to the rt. Side heat issue because my other bikes are hot also on my feet, but this did end it. However not it is back firing on release of the throttle. Not bad.

Spyder Garage

I have remembered to do my mileage 3 times now since the recall, I got 34 mpg twice and 29 once. Mostly rural roads, 93 octane, and 5k rpm also. About 50% two up and single rider.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Default Never had any real MPG issues

Except when pulling my RT622 trailer loaded, my fuel mileage has been decent on this 2013 RT LTD. Before the recall I was averaging between 31 and 32 MPG. Since the recall I've checked it several times and have been getting between 33 and 35 MPG depending how hard I push it. This spyder has been great! I have no complaints so far. My dealer has done all the updates and service that it needed. I did change my oil yesterday myself for the first time since I purchased it. That took some time, removing all the necessary panels, changing the filters and adding some new oil, but I didn't mind doing the work myself to save some $$$.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you are getting good results, Dave. Prior to the recall, I would average 24 or 25 MPG - now I regularly get 31, and a few times 35. I am blown away by the improvement, not only in gas mileage, but overall performance and how much cooler the Tupperware stays. I can no longer cook burritos in the glove box!

To celebrate, I just put on an Akrapovic - tried running without the baffles, but it was too loud for me. I don't want all the neighbors to know when I leave for a ride - so I put them back in. Still sounds much better than the OEM muffler.
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like those of us who stuck it out and fought the good fight may have the best of the V-Twin RT's now. I just could not justify taking a beating on trade in for a 1330 simply because BRP missed the bus. I like toys but don't like giving money for another one to the same company that created a loss of value for me. Hopefully the word will get out how well the '13 RT's perform now even better than their predecessors. 30+mpg and Absolutely NO gas fumes. Now I just need to line up against a 1330 to see who is quicker and by how much.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you have any handy 1330s nearby?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black