I have a brand-new Spyder dealer in town (currently sells Honda & Yamaha). I approached them about installing a Bajaron sway bar (since I don't have the means at home to lift the bike), and Ticled's "safety bundle" of amber and red front fender lights, and red saddlebag lights. I'd like to support my dealer when I can, plus they said they have lots of experience tarting up Gold Wings.

Their response was .... odd. They did some research on my druthers, and decided to pass on any non-OEM suspension upgrades. They also decided to pass on Tricled, as they are outside their normal suite of aftermarket suppliers (for example, Kuryakyn). Their claim on the latter is that, if something goes wrong, they can't mediate with the supplier to get a fix; I'd be on my own for any claims.

They're begging off on my preferences, stating that they're still new at this Can Am thing and that as they gain more experience with them, they might modify their position; but for now, no. I guess I can understand their position; they're just being very conservative at this point in their dealings with Spyders.

They did drop one odd nugget: they said they normally have no problems wiring in aftermarket lights as long as they can wire them straight to the battery. BRP told them not to wire things into the existing harness. If I read things correctly at the Tricled site, their lights plug into the harness somewheres.

Can anyone clear this up? Does BRP have issues with how aftermarket lights are wired in?

Like I said, I'd like to support my dealer, but I have another local alternative to getting the mods installed, so I'm not very worried at this point. But I am curious about the wiring concern.

Thanks for any insights!