I get asked this question quite a bit and this week I found out for sure. I've put a down payment on a 2008 Spyder GS back in July of 2007 without ever seeing one other than on a video. Soon after I started the first dedicated forum for the Spyder. That was 08-07-2007 and at that time we had 1 member. Today SpyderLovers has grown to over 16,000 members and we've seen the membership pick up once again with more folks finding out about the comfort of the RT and performance and cool factor of the new Spyder F3.

Started 08-07-2007

The Spyder has had growing pain like any other new product that steps out of the box and takes the chance and makes an investment is something nobody else had ever seen. If you remember the economy had just took a major down turn so it was the worst time to launch a product like this. Money was tight and the future was uncertain. Even so BRP pushed forward by perfecting the then GS that is now the sport version (RS) and in 2010 introducing the touring version of the Spyder in the RT. The RT was such a big hit that they decided to fill the blanks with a Spyder that was a little RS and a little RT with the 2013 ST. Then quite unexpectedly in 2014 they introduced the 1330 ACE motor in the RT with more horsepower and torque than the current 998 v-twin. That was also a big hit and made it's way into the all new Spyder F3. I have close to 200,000 miles on Spyders to date and this is by far my personal favorite. I was privileged to be able to help consult with the design team and marketing team at BRP to help them build a cruiser type Spyder that felt more motorcycle like. It hasn't been on the streets very long but we're great response in the few short months it's been out.

On Thursday 04-31-2015 BRP allowed Pitbull Powersports to unvail to the world for the first time at Spyderfest the 100,000 Spyder to roll off the line in Valcourt Quebec! Spyderfest is the largest gathering of Spyders in the world and what better place to show it's owners the success of the product we've all come to love. As it happens the Spyder was a white F3-S and the new owners were able to receive it on stage with local media coverage. It was an exciting time for all who attended and it show that the Spyder is here to stay because of the passion you all have for this crazy three wheel machine. I know as a life long motorcycle rider and owner I never thought the Spyder would hold my attention as long as it has and that it would become such a big part of my life.

So congrats to BRP for making the investment and taking the risk to introduce a product that nobody had ever seen and producing over 100,000 of these since 2008. I look forward to the day they hit 1,000,000. Thanks BRP and to all you SpyderLovers for the support through the years. Here's to the next run of Spyders.