I thought I'd take some time to share my impressions of our trip to Daytona Beach Bike Week for Lamonster's Spyder F3 reveal of his build Triple Threat. We also got married on the beach during that time and I'll share some photos of our private beach ceremony.

We got to Daytona Beach late Thursday evening (3/5) after closing on our home Tuesday, working at Lamonster Garage installing final parts on Triple Threat, building and loading 3 new F3's, and heading out very late on 3/3 to try to beat an approaching ice and snowstorm. After driving 1100 miles in bad weather towing five Spyders in a trailer and arriving well past sunset, Lamonster wanted to unload our two F3's and ride. So we did! We headed up to Daytona to cruise the scene and get some dinner. Then we just had to ride down Main Street. The very next morning we jumped on our F3's and headed to the Courthouse for our marriage license application. Later that day it rained and Lamont wiped down the bikes and put the wet towel inside the frunk and thought nothing of it. The next morning he looked sick when he showed me what else was in the frunk. Yes, our marriage license now soaking wet with the return envelope glued shut against it. It didn't dry out the entire day so we made one last effort to save it. Lamonster may be the motorcycle expert but Wise came up with the idea to microwave it. When Lamont took it out of the microwave after 10 seconds to flip it over we both started laughing so hard we had tears rolling down our faces. But it worked!

We spent the first two days at the BRP Spyder F3 demo site at the rear of the racetrack and it was cold, windy, and raining. After that we were set up at the front of the track next to the Road Warrior tent and their custom Road Warrior Edition F3 for which you can still buy raffle tickets on the Road Warrior website. The weather was now warming up and while Lamonster showed his beautiful Triple Threat custom F3 I handled the overflow crowd with questions on the new F3 and other general Spyder questions. I own a 2011 RSS and 2013 RT Limited and consider myself a passionate owner and like Lamont I'm a longtime two wheel motorcycle rider so it's easy and fun answering the myriad of questions the Daytona bike fans present.

The last time I was at Daytona I was on two wheels and I wondered this time how the Spyders would be accepted by the bike fans here. What I've always loved about Daytona Bike Week is the coming together of all kinds and types of riders. People who have absolutely nothing in common but for their love of motorcycles and the freedom of the open road. I realized most had seen the new Spyder F3 in magazines and various media but few had seen them in person and the F3 is a joy to behold. So Lamonster and I made sure they were seen on the streets. We also had fun showing their "pep" when necessary. (It was always necessary.) I saw Lamonster and Triple Threat get the nod of approval from all types of motorcycle owners. Some didn't want to be seen looking and doing double (and triple) takes. Yes, the new Spyder F3 has hit a broader audience of new motorcycle fans. And to those who did the test ride I'm sure they discovered "riding is believing."

Lamont and I were married at Ponce Inlet on Saturday, 3/14. Our Harley riding minister, Dale Lawing, is the husband of Spyder owner enthusiast Peggy Lawing. Dale must have caught the "F3 Fever" as he just purchased a black F3 a few days ago. Here are some photos of our special day. Yes, I got married in a Lamonster Garage t-shirt. It was my decision to just be myself and we had to hurry over to the Can-Am Owner's Event and Lamont was to lead all the Spyders for laps on the track. The Road Warrior guys let me borrow their custom F3 Spyder for the track ride. And Lamonster, true to his ever generous heart, let me take the lead on the track as it was a first for me and he'd done it many times. What a way to celebrate and remember the best day of my life!

I hope these photos bring back memories if you were fortunate enough to have attended. If you weren't there I sure hope you enjoyed them and will make plans to attend next year!

All the best!
Joan