Threaded View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Just came back here to thank finless and to say all is well, both tires changed out Friday and we went for an extended ride today. VERY happy with the Yokohama tire. Will take a while to see how it will wear but it simply cannot be any worse than the POS Kenda tires. Nice to have a name brand, Z speed rated, made in USA tire on my bike. Each of them took less than 1oz to balance. Shows good quality control in manufacture.
    JC, I think this tire "IS" the "keeper" and the best car tire replacement right now.

While I wanted the Michelin Hydroedge because I love Michelin tires, they do not make that anymore. The replacement Defender IS NOT a good tire for the Spyder due to it's offset tread.

Anyway, I rode all week to work and hit speeds of up to 80 MPH on Ca. freeways without ANY balancing! FREAKIN WONDERFUL!

So you and I are now some of the few that are using this tire. Let's keep folks up to date on how it goes....

By the way, I AM NOT the person that came up with this alternative tire! It was recommended to me by Spyder Lover User: spyderyderjim
    In this post here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ire-hell-sorry

So I cannot take ANY credit for this tire choice...

spyderyderjim
    THANK you for this wonderful recommendation! Loving it buddy! I hope you see this post as I thank you....

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 03-15-2015 at 07:14 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black