Thread: Serial Posters

Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Serial Posters

I was reading a Hijack portion in another thread yesterday. The subject of "serial posters" came up in what I thought was a bit of an attack mode. The subject has also been addressed by a couple others, also in attack mode.

Since I have a few posts, I felt as though I was included in the attack. Have been on the site now for 5 years and 6 months or so. The daily stats show that I average 10.49 posts per day. I must have left out some punctuation here and there to not have a full 11 to my credit. With 50 to 75 active threads usually running at one time, I am not sure if I am a serial poster. No official rules have been posted that I know of. I do think that I would like to be considered as one though.

IMO: those who are regular posters do have a place on the site. IMO--of course.

What are some of the good things the regulars do for the site?

: They welcome the newcomers that were brave enough to make that first post announcing their presence on the site.
    : They congratulate the person who has announced their new ride and welcome them to the fold.
    : Congratulations are given when a new farkle, baby, marriage, or other good thing is announced.
    : When someone is down, they are sometimes given words of cheer or encouragement.
    : When someone is ill or a death is announced, words of encouragement, tears, 's and condolences are offered.
    : When good stuff happens with the brand, cheerleaders are welcome.
    : When bad stuff happens with the brand, we also let them know.
    : Technical questions get answered. There are many knowledgeable people that have a wealth of experience on board.
    : There is an "off topic" thread which allows for non- banter to take place. I have received many chuckles, as well as picking up bits of new information from these sessions.
    : Occasionally, a troll gets shown the door.
    : Many who are "regulars" usually share in some daily banter, all in good fun, and amongst friends.
    : Sometimes a hijack is intentional, just to cool down a particular subject, or trying to put a different perspective on a hot button subject.

So, what am I trying to say? I do not think people should be criticized for being active on the site. I have been on a couple other sites where there were less than 10 posts a day. Not very interesting for me anyway.

We are fortunate to have the best site in the world for all things .

Kelloggs Corn Flakes
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-28-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red