Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
Baffling question, to say the least. Does anyone know of any objective evidence that shows how the heat problem varies from one 2013 RT to the next? There's no question there is a heat problem, but is one major factor individuals' tolerance levels or not? I have had very little heat problem with my 2013 RT, other than the hot foot issue. I fixed that with a block off and cutting a big hole in the plastic behind the fan, which strictly speaking, I really should not have had to do. When I installed Jim's bump skid plate, right after I started riding the bike, his instructions included a comment about removing the underneath splash guards to enhance air flow. That is probably one reason why I've never had an unbearable heat problem, but here again, strictly speaking, I should not have had to do that.

I have had very little gas smell problem after coming in from a ride, but there has been some. A good share of my summer riding is in 90°+ temps. Only one time that I can think of did I notice a real gas smell problem. I stopped to take some pictures and left the bike running. After about 5 or 10 minutes I could smell the fumes all the way across the two lane highway. I don't remember if I listened to hear if the gas was boiling.

I had the cat delete done when I was at Lamonster's BBQ last fall but mostly to see if it would increase mileage. Since it was late in the year and weather was cooling I can't say how much, if any, it helped with the heat issue.

As far as a fix, I would be happy to fork over a few grand, like maybe $2k or $3k or so, and have BRP change out the engine and tranny for the 1330 engine. The local tech said it's probably doable but there would be quite a few changes needed. The ECM, of course is different, and he said the VSS is different. Some of that maybe could be done with new firmware, but maybe not. I think there are some other differences but I don't know what they are.
Mac, I didn't find my 2013 RT to be unbearably hot. It did have bad gas smell, probably due to the evap canister being full of fuel. Which was why it went up in flames.