On 4 Nov I took my 2013 RT in for some warranty work. It had an ECM update, belt tension adjuster, and a water leak issue that needed to be checked under warranty. While it was there I asked if the turn signal switch that was sticking could be fixed. They said no problem they would take care of it for free under warranty. It was there for 15 days for 1.5 hours of warranty work and what ever amount of time the switch needed. They brought the bike back home for me, I was busy and it was pouring down rain, so I said bring it to me for $51.00. They unloaded it and the first thing I noticed was the signal switch didn't work the foot boards were covered in mud and the bike was really dirty. I called and complained they said they forgot to write up the signals and would fix it and return the bike. I didn't say anything about the mud or dirt, but it was clean when it was returned. So they took it back kept the bike until after Thanksgiving. They called and said I owed $106.18 for the signal repair. They figured out I shouldn't have been charged and returned the bike to me again. I checked out the bike when it was returned and the signal worked as it should. Since then it had rained almost every day so I had never started or ridden the bike. So yesterday I went out and started it for a couple minutes and rode it around the block.
I figured out the dealer put 64 miles on it and brought it back to me with the gas tank empty. When I dropped it off I had just topped off the tank and filled it with Sta-bil for winter storage. I took a picture of the dash to show a friend the day I dropped it off showing the gas level and mileage. The mileage increased by 87 miles in total, 23 were put on by me to get it to the dealership. It was brought back to me in a trailer. That figures out to around 14.5 MPG or someone took gas out of the tank.
Why would a dealer put 64 miles on a bike and use over 6 gallons of gas to do 1.5 hours of warranty and fix a turn signal switch?
I swear I would rather have no warranty than deal with the crappy dealership issues I have dealt with on cars and trucks.