Greetings! I am selling my 2008 Spyder RS. It has been good to me but I am moving on to other toys. http://davidsmoot.com/spyder/ has all the details but here is a cut and paste of the text. Go to the link for more photos:
I am selling my 2008 Can Am Spyder RS. It has been good to me but I'm interested in trying out another toy. It has a little over 29,000 miles as of mid October but it still gets ridden as weather and schedule allows. I'm the third owner. I'm an engineer and I love to tweak and modify things and I also keep meticulous records.
For more information my email is davidsmoot (_at_) gmail dot com. My mobile is two eight one seven eight seven four zero three one. I am in Pearland, TX and willing to meet within 25 miles for interested buyers. Asking price is $9300. All reasonable offers will get a response but don't waste both our time with lowballs. If I want to get taken advantage of, I'll just trade it in. I am willing to strip off unwanted accessories and drop the price some, everything is negotiable. I am not interested in trades for other vehicles, just cash.
The good:

• All service records since the first owner in pdf form. You can see who did what when to the bike.
  • All maintenance I did myself has receipts for oil and filters.
  • I scanned all receipts for major service and accessories into PDF's you can have
  • PDF of service manual included
  • I have records of all the fill ups and miles per gallon for the time I have owned the bike.
  • Bike is loaded with lots of goodies including:
    • Corbin seat with driver backrest (but the previous owner lost the kickstand, see below for pictures and details in The bad section). Factory seat included but I doubt anyone would prefer it.
    • Waterproof button on console wired to garage remote (I can remove or include programming instructions).
    • Kisan headlight modulator installed to rapidly blink headlights between 50% and full brightness as long as the sun is up. If you don't like it, a piece of tape over the sunlight sensor disables the modulator.
    • Front trunk liner with 12 power plug
    • Factory hard luggage (removable) with matching Givi bag liners to make touring easier.
    • Another large Givi trunk mounted to tail with a passenger back rest. (All luggage was re-keyed to a single key which I have several of)
    • Rear trunk can be removed and replaced with just the sport rack or with the passenger back rest.
    • Clutch fluid cover has a RAM mount ball for GPS / cell phone / whatever (removable)
    • 12V power brought out to plug on dash for radar detector. Easily removable.
    • Cheap plastic grills in body work replaced with real metal screens from Spyderpops.com.
    • Spyderpops air dam, heat shield, and skid plate installed (http://www.spyderpops.com/)
    • Small factory tank bag included
    • Paint protector installed on tank fairing.
    • Passenger foot peg extensions have been installed for more passenger leg room
    • Shocks were replaced with takeoffs from a late model RT. Not as good as aftermarket but much better than the worn out stockers.
    • Some riding gear available if it fits and you want it.

The bad

• Passenger allowed some shoe material to melt onto the exhaust on a long summer road trip. See pictures below.
  • Right side hard bag is missing the reflective oval (Ordered replacement, should be here by end of October)
  • I've managed to scuff the paint in more than a couple of places. It is a well ridden and enjoyed bike. I tried to take good pictures of all damage.
  • The license plate will eventually crack if ridden at highway speeds in a cross wind. This is a known flaw of how Texas does the inspection plate. It is annoying but it won't fall off.
  • Previous owner somehow lost the little kickstand that holds the seat up during refueling. I use a short piece of PVC that looks ghetto but works just fine.