The reason I post this is because we are not all the same, we don't all like the same style of riding or we prefer one over another. Me, I've always been a cruiser/muscle bike guy. The GS/RS was the first Spyder and it was more of a sport style. What was the first thing I did to it?, made it more of a cruiser by adding highway pegs and risers. I wanted my feet out in front of me and my bars pulled back more. I did what I had to do for me with what I had to work with.

Soon after I started adding stuff like cruise control and gps and tunes. Then the RT came out and it pretty much did everything I had done but 10 times better. The thing is I loved the front but hated the rear. It looked too much like a BMW or Goldwing to me. Now I did get use to it but never loved it. I hated and still do to this day hate the side loading bags. My RS had Corbin top loading bags and that's the way to go IMHO.

So then the ST comes out and I trade the RT in for that thinking it would be the best of both worlds for me and my riding style. I think if Corbin could have gotten the bags to market a little quicker I would still be on a ST. I love the looks of the ST but never fell in love with the ride.

So then the 1330 RT comes out and I'm loving the lack of heat issues I had with my ST, the power of the 1330, the add traveling range for trips and the fact that motor is just not working that hard and should last well pass the 100K mark. Once again I really like it but my roots are still with the cruiser/muscle bikes.

So now we get a peak at the new F3 and it's all me baby. This is the Spyder I wanted all along. The forward controls put my posture right where I'm most adapted for. The bars are fully adjustable and not fixed like the cast bars. You're sitting in the bike and not on it. The cool factor is through the roof on this Spyder and I've been showing my biker friends pics of it and the first words out of their mouth 9 times out of 10 is "That's BadA$$!". Not one of them said anything about how ugly the nose is, in fact they all like it.

So the fact is this Spyder is not for everyone, that's a good thing, in fact I'm happy some of you hate it because I don't want something that everyone loves. I want a ride that I love first and if you like it that's fine, if not that's fine too. This Spyder makes my heart thump when I see it in it's stock form and I have visions of what it's going to look like when I'm done with it. Now I have a Spyder that's 90% there for me and the other 10% is just making it my own.

Pulled this off of http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/school-SectionThree.htm

The Basic styles of Motorcycles
- Standard/Naked/Traditional/Muscle Bike/Commuter
- Cruiser/Custom/Choppers/Muscle Cruiser
- Sport Bike/Crotch Rocket/Super Sport/Hyper Sport
- Sport Touring/Performance Tourer/Cruiser Tourer
- Touring/Luxury Touring
- Dual Sport/Dual Purpose
- Dirt Bike/Off-Road Bike