Quote Originally Posted by rarerockmusic View Post
I just got the power commander, replacing the juice Box Pro, was going to add the Autotune, but from reading all your information I'm gathering that if we normally are in the 0-7500 rpm range while driving, then installing the Autotune would be redundant? In thinking this, the best way to see how the bike is actually running in closed loop, and to adjust this area, a dyno test or tune would be the only option. If I'm understanding all this correctly.
I agree with your strategy if you ride mainly in that RPM range and below 60% throttle. I am a revver so I would say that most of my time is 60% throttle and above. In that throttle area and above the 7500 RPM range, the AutoTune is constantly adjusting. Now that I kind of skewed the PCV base map by doing the ECM update, I do hope to get a custom tune at some point. Until then, I am going to adjust the closed loop area manually until I get the check engine light to come again, then I will trim it back and leave it there until I can get the custom tune done.