I've got some great news as I close out day three of my nine-day planned outing to North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and back to Georgia. As a reminder, this is my first outing of the year after getting the Spyder back together with mods and upgrades. One upgrade was J.T.'s breather mod. I've got enough miles to report the following:

1. Crotch heat is nearly non-existent. When moving, the air-flow is so good that the plastic around the glove box is cool. When stopped with the engine running the heat builds up quickly, so keep moving.
  2. Foot heat issues on the right side are improved. There is still heat coming out of the unblocked vents, but not as hot given the increased air flow over the engine.
  3. Noise is increased and I must say that I immediately thought about reverting to the air box/resonator without giving the breather a chance...but after the first two days of riding, it's not so bad. As a matter of fact, I like it and have learned through my driving habits how to limit the really loud occurrences, i.e. throttle, gearing, rpm.
  4. Finally, gas mileage is the bomb! Frequent acceleration hitting the twisties and high speed highway stretches caused me concern based on my experiences during my first year of driving with the stock set-up; however, after 813 miles I hit an average of 33.45 MPG. This is really good for me and my style of riding.

Thanks J.T. This kit is a keeper. ...Don