I read all the posts related to iPhone integration but don't think they addressed specifically how you connect a 2014 RT-S to an iPhone 5S.

The RT-S came with the 9 pin to iPhone 4 cable. I went and got the expensive Apple iPhone 4 to 5S adapter ($50 with shipping) and as soon as I plugged the two cables into the iPhone 5S it said "device not supported" and I hadn't even plugged the 9 pin end into the bike yet.

I think it is related to the new lightening cable on the iPhone 5S or maybe the version of IOS 7.1 (11D167) that I'm running.

I like the idea of only maintaining one music device (my phone) and being able to change songs from the handlebars and when I get where I'm going, my phone is fully charged.

Has anyone ordered the BRP iPhone 5S cable and do you know if it actually works? Is this issue unique to the 2014 9 pin connector and software or is it iPhone 5S related?

Unless someone knows of a better solution, I guess I'll have to find a cheap old, used iPhone or iPod and maintain a music only device.