Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying why they did or why they didn't do what they did. It's their company and they can make it as bozo proof as they deem necessary....as ridiculous as it may be for an experienced rider.
All I was saying is that their comments about it handling like a "lawn dart" are absolutely silly and 100% untrue.....that's all.
I've ridden many machines that pucker up the butt cheeks a LOT more than a spyder without VSS... And I'm not that good of a rider....
Remember that I was speaking of the prototype machines. I'm sure there were plenty of engineering changes to tame things since that time. It wouldn't take much to turn this type of design into a beast. Suspension geometry, steering ratios, power steering, brake control systems, horsepower, tire sizes and compounds, and a host of other things have been changed, added, or refined since those early years. I have served as a test rider or driver in the past, and it can be challenging at times. Those guys usually don't say these things for no reason...they are hard to scare. I'm sure they weren't just blowing smoke.