Some of you who have ridden with me know that I like speed and I like curves and I really like them together. My latest mod is making that type of riding a lot of fun!

Some history...I started off on a stock 2011 RS-S with its fairly soft shocks. I was really happy last year when I rode a 2012 RSS with Fox Racing Shocks, which made such a difference over the previous model. Really loved those shocks.

This year when I went back to the 2011, I knew I couldn't go back to that soft ride and I added BajaRon's sway bar. I thought I would love it, but honestly couldn't tell how much difference it made because I was back to a downgraded set of shocks. My recent riding had been on a Spyder with stock swaybar, but with Fox Shocks and I just couldn't discern a huge difference now that I had the old 2011 stock shocks but an improved swaybar.

So at Spyderfest when John put on my Elka shocks, I was quite the happy camper. NOW I could really tell the benefit that Bajaron's swaybar gave me since my shocks were similar to what I had gotten used to on the 2012. Ask Harvey - it was a FUN ride home after Spyderfest.

I really thought I was done. But this weekend Rickylen added his Shock Relocator kit and HOLY COW!! It's like I won a trifecta!

The Spyder was rock solid at 80+ mph on the highway with lots of buffeting from trucks and the occasional strong gust from threatening thunderstorms. Then I hit some nice curves heading to Eureka Springs and rarely braked into a turn. Spyder handled like a charm and stayed nice and flat except in some <ahem> extreme acceleration moments as I tried to wake up Nanny.

On my way home today I was blessed with some fairly light traffic on a part of Hwy 65 that has lots of nice tight uphill curves with the double passing lane so helpful for scooting past campers and trailers. So I scooted and my new triple threat setup meant I could take those uphill curves at just about whatever speed I felt like throwing at it.

My takeaway? Anyone on a 2011 or earlier RS or GS who likes to ride with some passion owes it to themselves to make 3 changes: (if you have a 2012, just stick with #2 and 3)

1. upgrade your shocks - Elkas, Fox or even shocks for the RT
2. get BajaRon's Swaybar
3. get Rickylen's Shock Relocator Kit

One more thing, I found myself riding one-handed a lot today, just giving my left arm a rest. Normally I don't do that much except on straightaways, but today I was just much more confident in the handling on curves. Still was safety conscious but I didn't need to grab both bars as much. It was a good day.