So the cop was asking me if I wanted to claim any of the illegal stuff as mine. Ok folks, admittedly, I grew naive & sheltered that's true...... but I aint stupid. I mean, even if it were mine, I'm not going to tell a police officer that, c`mon.

I walked back to the cop and asked, "No, no sir, its not mine, but what is that in the baggy?" He said that he wasn't 100% sure til tests are done, but that it appeared to him to be cocain & that he found it in the lining of the coat that the perp was wearing when he searched him & the other drug paraphanalia stuff was found under the front passenger seat when he searched the car. He then continued to tell me that the perp said he found all of it sitting in the car when he hopped in to get himself warm & that he noticed the fuel tank was low, so he was just going to take the car to the gas station to fill the tank as a way of saying thank you to me for allowing him to get warm....... IN MY CAR!!! WTF??? Are you serious???

The cop told me that he didn't believe a word of it, but that he had to ask me just to make sure. After a bit more discussion, I asked how he was able to catch him so quickly? He replied, "Easy, with all this snow, there's not many idiots out on the roads, and this *#*#*#*#* was speeding down the side streets like a maniac. Lucky we caught him when we did, cause surely in these conditions & him being hopped up on drugs, he'd surely of totaled your car, but it looks like we got him before any damage was done."

I was happy for that and now anger was replacing my previous feeling of pity for this man. Before, I could kind of understand him stealing my car, not that it was right, but I did leave it unattended and running when along comes a cold and homeless man begging people for a ryde. Kind of like the saying, GOOD FENCES MAKE GOOD NEIGHBORS? I had tempted fate and learned a very valuable life lesson, that only experience could really teach.

The officer gave me his card with a case number on it and told me to call the number the following day and they could tell me when the court date would be set for. He then told me to get in the car and make sure everything on the inside was as it should be.

Ok folks, now we're getting to the very long drug out (no pun intended-lol) point of this original post, about me having a horrible nightmare.I doubt many of you have gone thru a similar situation, tho its very common & happens multiple times a day. Its kind of like having a baby is a miracle that happens all the time, but it doesn't really effect you until its your baby, if that makes any sense.

So I open the door of the drivers side and slide into the seat behind the wheel. Its really difficult for me to properly articulate the exact feelings that rushed thru me at that moment, but to say I was ill prepaired to handle them would be the Understatement of the year.

Dang, I thought I'd get to finish on this post, but TBC......