Threaded View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Adding BRP Bluetooth Dongle - Questions Answered.

Bluetooth® Dongle forAudio System (Kit P/N 219 400 458)
    I’ve been wanting to know if the Bluetooth Dongle in the new catalog page 68 will fit any RT with a radio, not just the 2013 and the STs. I think it will. If you look at close to the top of page 68 it says, Catalog link: http://www.brp.com/Flipbooks/Can-Am-...?Culture=en-us

This will enable you to wirelessly:
    - Use your Bluetooth cellphone, MP3 Player and GPS
    - Communicate with other SENA users
    - Connect with the Bluetooth Dongle for Audio System (219400458)and the AM/FM Integrated
    Audio System (219400349 for ST, 219400464 for RT), listen to the radio.

219400464 is the number of 2012 and earlier RTs radio

So, I called my dealer and he didn’t know for sure if itwould work so he looked up the install instructions and sent them to me. Itcomes with a wiring harness and an Audio Adaptor(for vehicles without multifunction harness). Correct me if I’m wrong but I think you have the multifunction harness if you have the CB. But it looks like it will work either way. This is also the reason it is more expensive than the Bluetooth dongle you can buy straight from Sena. From BRP you get mounting bracket wiring harness and an adapter to use if you don’t have the multifunction harness and the Dongle. I’m going to order it and install on my 2011 RT. I’ll report back what I find out.I’m curious now if it mutes the spyder speakers when using Bluetooth. I’ve attached the install instructions for everyone to see. https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byp...0lPOE1BU2N3eGM
    Last edited by lyonsden; 01-07-2013 at 11:21 PM.