Threaded View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Reset Brake Failure Warning Message??

Ok guys, so here's the challenge for the day......

I was sitting at a light two days ago, and I let up on the brake to drift a little forward and when I stepped back down on it to stop, the pedal went down with almost no pressure, I let up and stepped down again, and it had full pressure...... and the warning light came on and I have 'Brake Failure' scrolling on the screen.

I came home, turned it off and 3 hours later I went out to fire it up, still had the message there..... so tonight I went out, added a little brake fluid (it didn't really need any) I ran it around a little and it seems fine but I still have the message, so when I got back, I broke out the tools .... bled the brakes all around..... added more fluid,..... This did nothing......

So then I got the great idea of pulling all the fuses and cycling the key on....... in hopes of resetting something, that got me nowhere, so I disconnected the battery, and turned on the key trying to drain the power out of it........... guess what?

I still have the brake warning but now my clock is reset.

Is there any way of resetting this warning light without having to take a 2 1/2 hour long trip to the dealer?

Any ideas?
    Last edited by matusky; 09-19-2008 at 12:42 AM.