Hey all,

I need a little advice on something. I will preface this post with some transparency. It was 105 degrees on the display on the ride home, and I know hot is hot. I just checked (and topped off) all my fluids this weekend. I use the BRP 50/50 coolant, and oil levels were good. Mechanically, the bike is still stock, except for the K&N drop in filter. I am running the Spyderpops top right block plate, cat guards, and grill covers (bottom right vent is still open air), skid plate, and all my under body plastics are gone (gutted). I have completed anything I could find for heat reduction and air flow through the front end Tupperware, so I guess I'm hoping for some validation that things are normal at these temps.

I have the analog needle style temp gauge that comes with the RT limited, and it has three red bars, then it sweeps up into the "RED" at the top of the gauge.

I consistently hover at about 2.5-3 bars, just under the top end of the third bar. I have never swooped into the "RED", but I have come close before.

I think I have read every post here about temp, and I know these machines run hot, but is this a typical spot for the temp needle to be sitting? My concern is I just dont want to do any harm to the bike because I am doing/or not doing something simple.

(Please excuse the crude representation of my temp gauge below, I should have taken a pic,...)

---
||
(RED ZONE)

||
---
--- ----
||
This is where I typically operate, regardless of ambient temps. If its substantially cooler (Under 75), I can run a little lower, like the bottom of bar three.
- ------
||
---
---
||
-
||
---
---
||
-
||
---

Thanks in advance, I appreciate everyone's input, and for putting up with my kindergarten style, 8-bit theater above! Haha!

--PJ