Threaded View

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Wanting to use my existing GPS on my RTS, I added the simple RAM mount shown here.
    I had a TomTom Rider 2 that I used with my 1994 Honda Goldwing. Some really great ideas in this Forum on how to mount a non-OEM GPS. I would have died to get the Zumo, but couldn't justify the expense. The TomTom was not that cheap originally and buying a second GPS was not feasible after the expense of buying my new Spyder.

Pictures of my install can be seen HERE

I just got my 2012 Spyder RT-S SM5 so really not that many miles. I have read and re-read the different posts on how to get power to my GPS. Can someone look at the pictures and tell me what they would do? I have a 2-wire power line (with inline fuse) that was wired directly to the battery on my Goldwing. How would you wire this up? I am reasonably capable and have the service manual.

What is the best advice for hooking the power up? I can run the GPS off the built-in battery for the short trips I have been making. I like just driving around the rolling hills of southern Ohio, but I don't want to get lost.

Best advice please? Or link to a post that has the best suggestion?
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 04-29-2012 at 07:49 PM.