Threaded View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Continuing fuel vent fumes, vapors and dripping

This has been going on with my RT and many others Rt, RS, etc, over the past few months and for years for that matter. The Big Red Bug went 8,000 miles before this developed - now has 10,500. It has had the canister changed - that's no answer at all. In the garage 40 miles later, spots and lots of vapors. It was showing no bars and the light had been on forever before the new canister and I put 5 gallons in in after leaving the dealer. This problem continues at (modified) full tank, mid tank and almost dry. I have probably read most of the hundreds of write-ups and have not done the canisterectomy, but did run the drain line to the rear to keep it clear of the CAT and exhaust. Still drips, etc - naturally. I understand that BRP said the purge valve is not the problem?????
    It's been suggested I might try running the fuel vent directly into the air box. I'm not very excited about that, but would like to know what you all (well, not all, but several, ok) think about this. Keep in mind, BRP has been contacted by the dealer several times and the bottom line is "don't fill it up all the way!!" Holy Toledo, I think we leave it low now, what's next, 1/2 tank for fill up?
    So, if someone is technically knowledgable and competitant, do you think this is a feasable idea? Personally, I'm not enamered with this, but my father was the real mechanic in the family, not me.. There is already oil in some boxes, plus what ever else sneaks in there and many have a different setup now. I'm going to see the dealer Wed at 9 AM. I'd appreciate a comment, even if it's just a yes or no.

Thanks
    Tuck
    Last edited by TuckMiddle; 03-19-2012 at 08:04 PM.