Hello all... after lurking the boards, I'm interested in maybe getting a Spyder. I haven't test ridden one yet, so I don't even know if I'd want it, but I have a much more immediate concern: namely, how suitable/durable is the Spyder for parking outside?

My situation: Washington DC area, with DC weather (~40 degree rainy winters and ~90 degree humid summers). I don't have a garage, only an asphalt driveway without a carport. I could possibly install a vehicle tent in the back of the driveway, but that's not an ideal solution for me or my neighborhood. So, realistically, I'd have to keep a Spyder outside 24/7, protected by a regular ol' tarp when parked.

Now, I've had no issues doing this with cheap-ish bikes (duallys and 250cc touring bikes)-- take the tarp off, inspect head to toe, and ride off. Spend more time babying after a winter, but it's not like I've ever kept any of those bikes for longer than a 2-3 years.

Alas, the Spyder is significantly more complex than those bikes, and NOT a cheap vehicle-- i.e., I'd like to keep one for the long haul in as best shape as I possibly can.

I think as a practical matter I'd store the Spyder over the DC winter (Nov-Feb), either at a dealer location or a friend's garage. But the rest of the year, I'd like to have it on hand out in my driveway (otherwise, what's the point?).

So, good idea? Or is it an unavoidably bad idea, i.e. don't bother buying one? I'm not buying a new house with a garage anytime soon, so I'm interested in any options/tips folks might have...

Thanks!