I guess it just wasn't in the cards to make this ride with Fred. Before I left TN I had a problem with the clutch not pulling in a couple of times when I went to stop (SE). I found that if I gave it a little rev before coming to a stop it would be fine. It only did it a couple of times before the trip. I rode it all the way to Daytona with no issues. That week it did it a few more times and I had trouble going from first to neutral. I decided to have BRP ship me a new Centrifugal Clutch but I wasn't sure where. The plan was to meet in Tallahassee and leave from there. Looking at the weather channel I wasn't sure where we would land and I would have to plan on a place close to a dealer that could take me in right away. I guess it's about a two hour job so that wasn't a big deal but there were too many unknowns for my liking.

The other thing that tipped the scale is my partners wife loss her battle with cancer Saturday evening and the service will be this weekend in NC. I need to be there for that.

So now my plans are to kick the trip back up next week by myself unless I can talk BajaRon into making the run with me.