Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Fuse F8 blows on My 2012 RT Ltd - what does all this mean? Any thoughts?

The F8 fuse blows every time I change it (20 A). My book manual reads for F8 - Vbat: Horn and Shedding relay - Vrelayed: suspension relay, heated grip, HA and LED pilot lights: CSS, FHS, and FGS

My first question is: What is HA, CSS, FHS, & FGS?
    Second: What is Vbat and Vrelayed? Does it mean power direct from battery?

I can run the heaters, fog lights, and use the horn. I know that the compressor does not work, found that out last year when I blew the rear shock (a BIG pot hole!) I replaced it successfully. When I noticed the horn not working, I replaced it, but it was no help. I can use the horn key off/on, so I start the bike and turned on all the functions for Fuse 8; all seems fine idling but when I get on the bike and drive away, then the fuse blows.

Note: the suspension gauge on the cluster goes up and down from the switch and I feel nothing (But heart ache :gaah:)

When I replaced the rear shock, I noticed someone had messed with the compressor and I left it alone. That's a lot to unpack. Oh, by the way, I am selling my 2012 RT and have a buyer, but will not sell it until it is perfect. I do my own work and also am repainting the fender that has minor scratches.

PLEASE someone, any thoughts? Tom
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-27-2024 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question; + layout for clarity/ease of reading... ;-)