Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default 2011 RS SE5 Won't start/shift to Neutral

I went to fire my bike up the other day, and it wouldn't start. I noticed the neutral light was not on and assumed I might have shut it off last time I rode it without shifting into neutral. I turned the ignition off and pulled back on the paddle assuming it was in gear. Nothing happened. I tried manually shifting it into neutral by rotating the gear shift lever below the front sprocket with a 13mm wrench, but it wouldn't budge. I disconnected the gear shifting rod from the shifting lever and shifted it into neutral no problem. Bike fired right up. I warmed it up, shut it off, and checked the oil. It was full. I tried shifting it with the rod disconnected but it barely moved when I tried to shift into reverse. Nothing when I tried to put it in gear. I checked the fuses in the frunk. They were all good. The digital display doesn't display on my bike, but I assumed it would have an error code if it did. I tried to shift it into neutral again using a 13mm wrench, but once again it wouldn't budge. If I was to get it refired and into gear, would it hurt it to upshift it manually with the shift shaft disconnected? If I can't figure out why the electric shift no longer works. Any thoughts on the subject?
    Last edited by Cadaverdog; 03-19-2024 at 12:12 AM.