Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Any ideas on removing Compression Socks without working so hard?

Recently, I followed my doctor's advice and began wearing compression socks because of severe leg and ankle swelling. The doc prescribed a compression rating of 20-30, told me to get my legs measured for fitting and wear them daily during my waking hours. What a difference! Aside from a drastic reduction in swelling, I'm walking better and more upright while doing so. Of course, there's some difficulty in getting them on, but I've adapted to that fairly well. Using rubber gloves makes a huge difference. However, removing them is a MAJOR problem and that's why I'm seeking advice/suggestions. You see, I'm not as nimble as I used to be, and I suffer from bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome. In fact, one wrist has required surgery twice. My hand strength has diminished a lot and it's difficult for me to pull these socks down and away from my body. Painful, too. Any ideas on how I can remove these socks without having to work so hard? I would also be interested in knowing about any preferences in brands of compression socks you'd recommend. My first socks are Mediven, made in Germany and cost $83.99 per pair! By the way, Medicare does not cover these socks. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-22-2023 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)