Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default What needs checking after HARD collision with a trailer ramp?

I had my 2018 Spyder F3L towed into dealer for warranty work on intermittent "stuck in gear" since last August...BRP has escalated my case internally.

BUT! The dealer's tow truck driver, who worked for the dealer for 5 years now and bragged to me about knowing how to properly tow a Spyder, drove my bike right smack INTO the ramp instead of ONTO the ramp. He forgot that he needed to put down the wood planks to lift the Spyder for clearance and to avoid this small collision...he said that Rykers are higher than Spyders...well, my bike is a Spyder F3L!!!!! I called dealer immediately after this happened and told them to check my bump skid for damage, which I do believe there IS a big indentation in my bump skid under the grille that will match the pattern on the ramp!

What else should I be worried about that could happen with this kind of blunt and abrupt stop force that my bike encountered? I SAW it! The front of the bike stopped abruptly and loudly as it hit the ramp - and the rear end of the bike rose up with this force! I was aghast! What to have checked? What to do?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-25-2023 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)