It is March 26, 2023. My 2015 Spyder F3 has been in the shop since February 4, 2023. It went in the shop because the belt went bad. The belt went bad because it was never aligned and tightened properly when the rear tire was replaced in 2019. Since then, the bike was rattling for 3 years because the caps in the rear where you adjust the belt were not fastened properly. As you know, in 2022 a recall came out for the front sprocket. (My bike had already broken down on the road because of the faulty front sprocket and replaced with the same old sprocket) Summer of 2022, I was told, "We should have the new front sprocket in by the last week of August." It never came in. I eventually got tired of calling. My bike sits in the shop today disassembled because Can-Am for some unknown reason will not or cannot supply my dealer with the new front sprocket. It appears to be available on at least two Can-Am parts web sites on line. Maybe I need to order the thing myself and hand carry it to the dealer. I am fed up with this front sprocket issue and my dealer telling me when they should come in and they never do.