Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Sadly, I can't fly...

So, 13 days ago I took flight (or I attempted to...) and failed in epic fashion. I went over to a friend's house to show him the correct way to field strip a 1911 (handgun - it's a handgun!) he's a new firearm owner and I've been taking him to the range so he can qualify for his concealed carry license... but I digress.

So, we spend about 2 hours in his garage and head upstairs to his townhouse we talk a bit etc etc. and now it's getting late, 11'ish; so I take my leave & as I'm heading out the door I remember he called out his dog's name, so I turned to grab the dog....

The next thing I know, I'm waking up with a bright light shining into my eyes and a voice saying, "Welcome back." . From what I'm told, his dog jumped on me (90 pound pit) knocked me over backwards down the stairs, and I managed to miss every single step and landed flat on my back on the bottom landing (well, crash landing) missing all 12 steps.

Now the battery of tests start. Name/DOB/what day is it/wife's name etc etc. They ask about my level of pain and I said "just a little numbness in both my hands." The look of shock on their faces was priceless; Can you feel your legs? Yeah, but it's my back that hurts; so off to Xray then MRI. More questions/more tests. I ask if I can go home, ER - that would be a NO.

So, they kept me for 24 hours with no sign of trauma other than numbness in my hands and a back that looked like I was beaten with sledge hammers.

I got scripts for some decent drugs that kept me pretty high for a few days, got in to see my Doc, and he got me into a Chiropractor ASAP.

Let me tell you Y'all this, I've been seeing this chiropractor every other day for the last 10 days and I can finally walk/sit/stand with minimal pain; I went from a pain level of 10 down to a 2 & I haven't taken any drugs of any kind for 6 days now.

Tomorrow I'm going for a ride and will have lunch someplace.

Y'all know that old saying, KNOW your surroundings..... Yeah, I need a refresher on that, and don't get tackled by 90 pound pit bulls.

Oh, the dog meant no harm to me, Odin is a big baby
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2023 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)