The Spyder will not tip over easily, as does a 2 wheeler under various conditions, but a very slow speed tipover is not likely to result in any type of serious rider injury in most cases. After a year of riding a Spyder I have the strong feeling that I am overall much safer on this large, 3 wheel vehicle, than I was on any 2 wheeler, including the almost as heavy Goldwing that I traded in for the Spyder. And that "feeling", I must admit, has made me a bit less concerned with safety gear than I used to be. I never used to ride in any footwear other than sturdy boots that fully cover the ankle, whereas on the Spyder I find I often just don't bother changing out of the sneakers that I was already wearing. On occasion I have taken short rides without a helmet, something I virtually never did on any 2 wheeler. But I have never seen any valid data which would support my feeling of greater safety. The larger front profile of the Spyder also seems to be more visible to oncoming drivers than did even the Goldwing, and I have yet to have a single incident of a 4 wheeler turning left in front of me, something that would happen occasionally when on a regular motorcycle. So I am wondering if anyone here has ever seen any data that they can share which would support or refute my "feeling" of greater safety.