Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default A few tech questions on the 2013 ST-L

Tried the search for each of these questions, but didn't find clear answers. Please bear with a complete Newbie on these. However, I am a pretty experienced mechanic on both cars and motorcycles so you can base responses on that. Most of these will be maintenance and "Farkle" (term used in my adventure bike forums for adding convenient little accessories) questions. I got the trike cheap so I expected to put some work into it.

1. Adding electrical accessories. I know the Spyder doesn't like additions to it's electrical system. However, I have seen the extenders sold and wonder if they have any history among you all? I am looking to add basic charging ports not a ton of light or anything like that.

2. The centrifugal clutch seems to have been abused by the PO. I get a sharp shudder when it is cold and I start off. I am thinking I will be doing new clutch packs at least, but what else should I be prepared for? Just found the tech bul on this.

3. The GPS didn't come with the bike. I don't use them anyways. Is there a way to convert that to a cellphone mount?

Any input would be appreciated.

Spyder.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-20-2022 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Fixed color display for ease of reading by all ;-)
    I ride to feel free
    I vote to stay free
    I serve to be free

2013 Spyder ST-L 15k miles
    2013 ST-L , White