Ran over a semi truck retread on my way home from Florida trip last week. Almost dark, I-77 just north of Columbia, SC. Had that twilight on the horizon, didn't help my vision of seeing tire quicker. Saw it, I'm heading right for middle of Spyder. Able to swerve enough to hit with right front tire. It slapped my driver floorboard, and RIPPED it off. Stopped as quick as I could. Walking back, I could hear cars and trucks running over the parts and breaking them. Pulled the tire out of the road, went to retrieve some parts, already broken.

So driver floorboard gone, right fender cracked, right bottom of body plastic is loose. Guessing all parts will be around $1,500. Have had my Progressive MC insurance for 5 yrs now, no claims, so my vanishing deductible is at zero. So I will get 100% paid on this claim, then next renewal, that vanishing will go up, and premium will go up some too.

So that floorboard just broke off and fell down / away. Foot didn't even get tangled up in that mess. I was 2 hrs from home, so was able to ride with my foot heel on passenger floorboard. Occasionally able to stretch out leg and rest on front side plastic curve on the RT for a few minutes. In my 44 yrs of riding on the road, this is my first accident that I have to file a claim over. Thankful I wasn't hurt, and that I could ride Spyder home. Always watch out for those darn donut retreads

20220921_195908.jpg
20220921_200444.jpg
20220925_173618.jpg
20220925_173553.jpg