Threaded View

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Quatrac SL 165/60R15 fronts rubbing on fenders - anyone else? Fixes?

I was just wondering if anybody else is seeing this happen on their 2020 F3 base or other models

Put on the Quatrac 165/60/15's on the front a while ago and I ride most of the time with my music on in my helmet especially on the highway.

I had it off a couple of nights ago and noticed a noise while going on a bank turning off of 495 onto the GW parkway, I was pushing it hard through the ramp coming off of the beltway when I noticed a rubbing sound that stopped once I straightened up and the g forces backed off.

I did some testing when I got off the parkway and noticed that whenever the handlebars are turned hard right or left like leaving a stop sign to make a right turn with the nose down at an angle coming off of a hill was also causing a slight rubbing sound.

I didn't see any damage or marks on the tires but when I pulled the wheels today to inspect the fender I found a small spot on each fender where the tire appears to be rubbing. Other members had mentioned that the 165 is pretty much plug and play but 175 and up needs to have the fenders shimmed.

Will I need to shim for these 165's or is there another adjustment that needs to be made other than my driving?

left.jpg right.jpg
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 05-13-2022 at 02:32 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black