So I took my 2014 RT-S in for Spring tune-up, mainly oil & filter, new rear tire (backordered, maybe June), and a non-functional air compressor for the rear air shock.

Tech calls me. He asked if I had had any issues with the instrument cluster (no). They traced the compressor problem back to the instrument cluster. CANBUS wasn't sending the right signal to activate the compressor, which apparently is routed through the cluster. When they hooked their test cluster to the bike, the compressor fired right up. Hmmm. So they hooked my cluster back up and everything seemed OK. Transient fault? Anyway, we agreed that the problem seemed transient and probably not worth the $900 for a new instrument cluster. Rolling the dice.

So they shut down the bike, finished up some other things, then fired up the bike to move it. Dead. Wouldn't even bring up the startup sequence on the main screen. So they reattached their test cluster. That worked. Reattached my cluster. Dead.

The tech said he's have their head technician take a look at it. I pointed out that I wasn't having any issues when I brought it in. He has yet to get back to me.

I'm thinking the dealership owes me a new instrument cluster. Thoughts?