I’ve ridden Harley-Davidsons for more than 30 years and still own one. But I now have trouble with balance and ride on 2 wheels infrequently. In 2017 I got my first Spyder, a 2014 ST, and now have a 2019 RT Limited. I’m very pleased with the Spyders, but honestly the one thing that bothers me without citing a specific cause is they are NOT Harleys. I fully realize that’s a two-edged sword.

I had an opportunity yesterday to take a Harley Freewheeler trike for a demo ride. I was disappointed in how it sat (felt cramped) and how it rode (choppy and rough). I walked away with the impression that tHe HD trike wasn’t for me. Maybe the Spyder just has me spoiled.

I have not ridden an HD TriGlide so I can’t speak to those directly, but I expect it is not too different from the Freewheeler. Both are based on the Harley touring chassis, although one is a 3 wheeled RoadKing and the other a 3 wheeled ElectraGlide.

I’m looking for opinions from those of you with experience in both camps. Which do you like better, Can-Am or HD? Can you tell me briefly why or give me a little insight on the pros and cons?

Thanks in advance for any contribution you care to make.
Bob