Threaded View

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default QUESTION, how much do you hate digging out your battery on older models

I have been asked how I relocated the battery on my 2008 GS
    this can also be done on the RT models as well.
    If you are sick and tired of attempting to access your battery for whatever reason
    you may want to do this modification. All you do on the GS-RS-RSS models is drag out all your tools
    grab your ear buds and turm up the volume so you can't hear yourself cussing while you remove your
    saddle bags, then the saddle bag mounts then ALL the plastic body panels raise the seat and with a little
    luck you should find the battery laying on it's side all strapped in.... Remove the battery, head on over to your
    favoite auto parts supply and buy the black and red cable the same size as is on your spyder along with the
    correct size cable butt connectors and the eye ends that go on your battery. you will need a good soldering iron
    or small torch to do this job.
    Be sure to route the cables correctly so they do not get melted, *** check out picture #5 ***
    wires that were melted, they were to close to the hot exhaust ( I wrapped mine )
    MORE photos in the next post.
    Battery #1.jpgBattery #2.jpgBattery #3.jpg
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 05-01-2021 at 11:40 PM.