First let me say that this post is in no way intended to be a “negative post” on the spyder. I purchased my 2019 F3L new about nine months ago and now have approximately 2400 miles on it. I am very happy with the bike and the transition from years on two wheels to three wheels didn’t seem very difficult.

My question centers around the general “rocking side by side” motion of the bike. Today we spent about five hours on the bike, which was probably the longest up to now, and we both began to get a bit weary of the rocking motion. In fairness, five hours on two wheels I would get a bit weary also.

From my wife’s perspective As passenger she said it feels like the rear wheel can’t decide which front wheel to follow.

My best description is that it reminds me of sitting in a small boat/canoe with two people outside slowly rocking the boat. Not bad and not interfering with the control of the bike in any way but very noticeable coming from the two wheels environment.

I installed a BaJa sway bar which made a significant difference. I think some of this sway is just part of the configuration of the three wheels, and I accept this, however I don’t know how much is actually a fact and how much is correctable. Note, I have not had the alignment checked.

I know this is a bit difficult to quantify with words but where would the “perfectly adjusted” bike fall. There seems to be no steering or shock issues. My plan is to put a lot of miles on the bike and I don’t want to find out later that there was something I could have done to make the ride better.

Thanks in advanced.

Poasttown