2 years, 4 months, 5 days = 10,000 miles of smiles on my ST-S!
10k miles.jpg

This is a big deal for me, especially considering my 1996 Virago has about 29k on the clock!
Clearly, I am enjoying the ryde

Some observations...
1. 112 fill-ups, average 29.9 mpg, just over $1,000 on premium fuel, according to Fuelly.
2. 3 services performed by dealer (600, 4600 and 9400 miles), spent $300. Maybe I'll learn how to do my own oil changes this winter.
3. Most recent service also required replacement of the valve cover gaskets. The front had a minor leak (per dealership), and both were replaced under BRP warranty. I didn't ask what it would have cost without warranty, but I have about 9 months remaining on my original 3-year coverage and believe it can be extended, so I will be looking into this.
4. For a guy who's not especially mechanical and possibly dangerous with tools in his hands, I've managed to remove panels and mirrors a few times without breaking anything. Folks here have been very helpful in this area.
5. I'm very satisfied with the V-twin engine and SE5 tranny.
6. So many "wtf BRP" moments...like, "rear tire valve placement...seriously?"
7. Farkle-itis is expensive!!! And the wish-list is never-ending. Cross of one thing and add 2, or more.
8. I do need to prioritize adding some seat comfort if I'm ever going to make some of the rallies and meet some of y'all fine folks. Looking into air and gel options over the coming days.
and...
9. Y'all some seriously fine folks and I look forward to breaking quarantine and meeting some of you at a rally one day.

Thanks for listening!