Short story: I was a life long boater before selling my last cruiser 3 years ago. I spent an awful lot of time cruising the waters of Washington State and British Columbia. Over the years I came across John Wayne on his boat "Wild Goose" and Johnny Carson on his boat "Serengeti" many times. The waters I loved were also areas they loved. But, there was one person I saw often not knowing the historical importance of. There is a marina on Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands that my yacht club rented a portion of for a summer "outstation". I spent many days and nights enjoying this little piece of heaven. Going from my boat to shore required walking a ways down the dock and past many of the regularly moored boats. There was an older kinda small guy who owned one of the boats I walked past often. I remember we had a "nodding" relationship. Walking past each other we would just say "howdy" and go ony our way. Never really stopping to have a conversation. His boat was a nice "fast trawler" style boat named "Apogee". About a 45-48 footer. I admired his boat. Found out later his name was Buzz Aldrin. Damn! I sure wish I had taken the time to be more social..... Jim