Threaded View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder In My Future?

Refer to my post in "Off Topic" for back story.

Rode my RSS to the dealer I purchased it from to pick up a tail light bulb (R tail light bulb filament burnt out).

Walked out with a quote for a left over 2017 F3 S SM6, or new 2018 F3 S SM 6. Seriously, Flanker??!!

; you'd think I'd be over this immature lack of impulse control by now!

Oxford metallic blue caught my eye, though the dealership did not have any F3 Ss, or any F3 SM6s (of any sub model) in stock to try on for size. The salesman is checking around to see if another Spyder Dealership might have an Oxford Blue2017 F3 S SM 6 on their floor, and are willing to swap/give it to my dealership, as I'd like to take advantage of the current BRP 2017 rebate! If not----it's the 2018 option. The dealership offered a pretty good trade in value, but I may go the private sale route to try and squeeze a few more bucks outta the RSS (I'll post it in the For Sale Forum as well as an online seller).

Looking at the mini windshield, all black grill, #1 foot peg linkage kit (sport bike rider at heart still!), black Attitude bars, and sport fender for options (planning on either black chroming, or black spray wrapping all the shiny factory bits "n pieces; including the F wheels).

On to the "Fun Stuff"! Engine mods!

I'll leave the guts alone, as I have on my RSS, and go with a K & N, exhaust and fuel pack/Power Commander (if available) as that combo has served very well/reliably on my RSS. Here's where all you F3 S exhaust system, fuel pack/Power Commander R&D types come in.

My Two Brothers Racing RSS slip on is a first rate unit for fit and finish and ease of installation. It is TOO LOUD at cruise (even with the P1X Power Tip quieting module in place) for my tastes. I see from other F3 threads, a cat delete is a popular option with some noise increase (no surprise there), so what slip on exhaust can might offer a modest cruising exhaust note (I don't care if it's loud when I'm in the throttle---it's supposed to be!) in conjunction with the cat delete option?

The Akropovics ARE NOT options for me. They are as ugly as the stock exhaust can (looks like all of 'em were designed by disgraced refugees from the Pontiac Aztek design team! ).

I see TBR makes a slip on for the 2017 F3 S ( I assume it will fit an '18 as well), but am gun shy given my current experience with that brand, and HMF makes a similar "closed circuit (track only) slip on as well that looks good. Also, the only unit TBR seems to make now is a stainless steel can, though I've seen pictures of a carbon fiber can for early model F3s---anyone know what the story is with that issue?

So! Recommendations for:
    1. cat delete options,
    2. a modestly loud light weight exhaust can,
    3. fuel pack/Power Commander thingy?

TY!
    Last edited by Flanker; 05-11-2018 at 06:43 PM.