SpyderDeb was one of the first to receive a transplanted RT handlebar on her ST. Although the ST and RS/GS are now history, I figured there are still riders out there that may benefit from the information. Before I did the handlebarectomy, I measured the width, rise, and pull back of the stock ST and RT bars.

ST RT
Width 32 32.75
Rise 5 7.125
Pullback 4.5 6.5

As you can see from the dimensions, the RT bars are higher and come back toward the rider, without going overboard on the width. Reach-challenged riders typically don't have wide shoulders, so the width is important.

Everything fit (major bolt holes and wire harnesses) and lined up during the swap except two of the 4 bolt holes that hold the perforated plastic guard plate to the underside of the handle bar: a simple file job elongate the holes and allow the bolts to be inserted and tighten was all it took.

So if you're looking for a different handlebar set for your ST and ST-LTD, seek out a color matched (black or silver) handlebar someone removed from their RT. The set we bought included the GPS mounting as a bonus!

Now I can through my paper notes away....
Wayne