Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
No offense intended... it just doesn't sound like you've ridden an F3 hard in the twisties because the F3 can outperform an RS any day in them. I actually happen to be one of the 'very good riders'... there's a group of us that get together at the fests and go tear it up. Most wouldn't even attempt to keep up with us. Those who switched to the F3 have had an automatic advantage and pulled away from us GS/RS guys. Now that most of us are on F3's it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Come on down to Spyderfest if you'd like to go out and play... we know all the great roads.
I think everyone is a good rider or a riding legend in their own mind but what you and Drew are talking about are 2 different things as far as riding styles go. When living in Europe I did the Ducati race track experience on a safety course and track master course. Having said that, do I think you would be able to keep up with me on a track with two exactly similar Ducati's, probably not. On the other hand, would you beat me on road twisties on your Spyder and I was on mine; possibly. You put those 2 spyders on a track, different outcome. I ride 2 wheels with some guys that are pro riders and stunt riders, can I keep up with them when we are on our weekend rides, absolutely. Can I keep up with them on the track, I value my life a bit too much to try and keep up and I consider myself a pretty good rider.

Track riding and road riding, two separate skill sets.

At the end of the day, what does it matter? 1330, 998, who cares, they both are fast. Each to their own.