I'd like to say howdy. Plopped down some dough yesterday on a '16 RT Limited Picking up mid week if I don't chicken out. Traditional story: 2-wheeler since the ealy 70s, mostly enduros but also a Yamaha Venture that I brought back from the dead. Since moving from the flatlands of coastal Ole Miss to the mountains of southern NM the old XVZ has been mostly sitting. It's 5 miles up a rocky canyon road to home and the old girl really takes a beating just getting to blacktop. Plus I've dumped her after hitting a gopher hole and it's getting alot harder to pick her up solo. So she's on the auction block.

Already picked up a ton of good intel here - tires, sway braces, vibes, lights etc. so hoping to be around for a good while. I'll definitely miss the Venture, she goes like a banshee but not like a VMax, love the purr and acceleration, but it's just too hard getting to open road from here. I'm hoping the RT will be okay off-road; it's not a hard-core Jeep/ HUMMER rock-climbing road, just gravelly, alternately dusty or muddy, rutty and pot-holey. Should be able to go slow, admire the views and mitigate the bumps. Shoulda brought my gun (should be fun).

So that's good for a start. Welcome to me.
Richard