Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder RT or F3 for a new, senior, petite, female rider?

CROSS-POSTED IN THE F3 FORUM.

I ride a motorcycle and have never ridden a Spyder.

I would like my wife to ride with me, but she won't ride on a motorcycle as a rider or passenger. She has made comments that she might ride a Spyder. I suspect most would be as a passenger, but some could be as the "driver".

I have narrowed down my search to a 2014 or later RT-S or RT-limited, or a 2015 or later F3-S, F3-T, or F3 Limited. i want the 1330 Rotak engine.

Being a "senior", comfort is an issue. So, I am leaning toward the RT, especially for 2-up riding. However, as my wife is short (5' 2") and has short legs, I worry about the fit for her with the RT. I assume that a Triaxis handlebar would take care of any reach problem, but I am concerned that the reach of her leg to the brake pedal might be a problem.

The advantage of the F3 is the UFit system, which should allow us to dial in the fit, but I am wondering if the sporty nature of this model might make it much less comfortable to ride than the RT, especially 2-up.

Also, does one of these take more effort to steer than the other?

I realize that a test ride is the best way to deal with these issues, but I would like to first get some feedback from Spyder riders so that I would be better prepared when we go shopping.

Thanks for your help,
    Wayne
    Last edited by wvedec; 12-02-2016 at 09:40 AM.