So the end of June I took my 2012 Limited to a nearby dealer for the 6000 mile service. I know that it involves more than just changing the oil but after a four and a half hour wait and $380.00 I decided never again.

I took a 4200 mile trip with my siblings, their spouses and two other couples. During the trip I checked the oil at the first gas stop each day and wound up adding oil three different times about 1/4 a quart each time to bring it to the full level with the motor hot.
All this said I like to change my oil every 5000 or after adding 1 quart of oil which ever comes first; so I bought filters and oil to do it myself.
I was surprised that it only took me an hour on the floor of my garage to do a complete oil change. That was even following the directions from the owners manual step by step. No short cuts.
Total cost was around $48. which included an extra quart of full synthetic oil. CARQUEST brand full synthetic oil which meets the specs in the owners manual, except I went with a 5w-30 instead of the impossible to find 5w-40.

If I only had a lift to make it that much easier to do I think I could get it done in under 40 minutes. No more overpriced oil changes at the dealer.