It's time for a rant. This isn't related to the Spyder machines, but to the gear we wear while riding our Spyders. I have wide feet, 8 1/2 EEE, with high arches. Twenty, thirty, forty, years ago I could walk into any well stocked shoe or boot store and pick up a pair of wide shoes/boots that fit reasonably well. Today, no store I have stopped in or called stocks EEE boots. This includes farm supply stores, Red Wing store, and the local Harley dealership. Couple the high arch and I CAN'T FIND ANY BOOTS THAT FIT! I'd like to get myself a pair of motorcycle or engineer boots but the only option I can come up with is custom made. There is scarcity of custom shoe makers in this country! Almost no one build boots in the US any more. A few, like Whites, will custom assemble foreign sourced parts using parts that come closest to fitting your foot outline. Whites, in Spokane, made me a pair of custom fit boots about 12 years ago, but they were lace up. They fit over the top of my foot but the two sides didn't lace up anywhere near close together.

I found one local boot maker who will make a custom fit pair of motorcycle boots. His price is tolerable, $650, but his lead time is six months. I just filled in an order form, but haven't checked out yet, with West Coast Shoe Company for motorcycle boots. Including a rush fee of $125 or delivery in early April, and a couple of minor options, their price is $795 for relatively plain style boots. They will make them to fit based on about a half dozen measurements of each foot. Outfits like Boot Barn offer several choices via online order at around $200 but they probably won't accommodate a high arch. I sent an inquiry for more info to them.

Right now this is how I feel!

Anyone have any suggestions where to look for custom fit motorcycle boots for wide feet? Weinbrenner, makers of Thorogood boots, don't offer EEE width.