Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Reminder to carry contact information cards

Although my incindent isn't directly related to riding, it is still important to have for all occasions. Thursday morning I got out of my car pool vehicle in front of the office building in downtown Seattle. Somehow my cell phone exited from my pocket without me knowing. When I got to my desk on the 15th floor I realized I didn't have my cell phone. I did a ping for the location of my phone and it showed it was in the area. I went back down to the street and found my phone next to the curb laying in the water from the rain. However, it had been ran over by a vehicle with studded tires. It was toast.

At noon I used my lunch hour to walk down 6 blocks to get me a new phone. It was still raining. (Go figure, it's Seattle). While I was walking down the sidewalk about 2 blocks from my destination I stepped on a large diamond plate metal cover for city utilites. My right foot slip and I landed with all my weight on my left knee. I was on the concrete holding my left knee to my chest in servere pain. People just walked around me. The first person to stop and ask me if I was ok was a homeless man. (unbelievable how "people" don't want to be involved). Short synopsis is that I dislocated my left knee. The paramedics put it back in place when they had to straighten my leg to put me in an air cast splint. ED doc was concern I fractured my patella. Good news is that no fractures. Strained tendons/muscle and dislocation.

Now the moral of the story. My cell phone is toast. I didn't make to AT&T store. I don't know even my wife's cell number. All my contacts to anyone i know is in my phone. I had to log in using the hospital's computer to my AT&T account to find my wife's phone number. My smartphone has made me dumb.

As I type my wife is working on contact numbers, my meds I'm on (I'm an insulin dependant diabetic). I will have this information card in my wallet, another on the Spyder, and each vehicle. If I had hit my head and loss consciousness paramedics, ER, would not have any information about me. I would encourage carry cards with contact information for those unfortunate incident.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KJWEB; 12-04-2015 at 04:52 PM.