Threaded View

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Post Random codes or a real problem?

Related in some way? Or not?

Late in the summer the '11 RTS threw a P160E code(throttle body). Only one time, without repeat, so I chalked it up to randomness. Then two days ago(and within days of having the new engine cooling vents installed) it threw a P0174(#2 cylinder lean condition) accompanied with the unrelenting check engine orange screen. Side note to P0174 - it has fresh silicone hoses.

Planning trips and the mind set of whether to do it on two or three wheels.

Had intended to take off on the Spyder for a week(6th thru the 13th)because three wheels really matched my solo plans, but the dealer is busy and can't look at it until Tuesday 12/15.

I can still go(FJR)but I was very much looking forward to being on the Spyder this time. The FJR and I did a week plus back in May(Ca, Nv, Ut, Co, Nb, & Ia). A great trip it was....even tho, if you remember? It was raining cats and dogs that month.

I'm bummed! And, I want more dependability for the $ spent. Love the Spyder....but

Update & correction to follow up post below: BRP ended up not covering this under its BEST warranty. Total cost of repair $600.00.
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 02-03-2016 at 05:56 AM.