Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default we're going to be a 2 F3 family!

My husband has a hard time prying open his wallet. When JayMac was selling his spyder, he thought it over just a bit too long before deciding that deal wouldn't come along again in the near future, and we missed out. Since then he's been regretting it which is unusual for him to regret making a large purchase.
    Anyway... I had my 9300 mile service scheduled for yesterday along with getting a new back tire (broke 10000 miles on the way there)

and I had called them Friday to see if I could do a demo ride on any spyder while they were working on mine instead of sitting aound there for 3 hours, and they said that they had an F3 that they needed some miles on, so they would be thrilled if I took it out. That got me wondering about how much of a discount they put on the demo spyders. I asked my husband if he'd buy a demo spyder if we could get it for the same price that we estimated we'd have paid for the spyder from Florida (taxes etc.). Shockingly he said yes, and asked if he should bring cash for a deposit just in case so of course I said yes.

Our dealership (RPM Motorsports in Lakewood, CO) has been great to us since I bought the first Spyder in 2012, and they've got one of the best technicians in the country, so I will keep going there for purchases and service. I've also heard a lot of people grumble about them because they don't negotiate like most car dealerships -- the price is the price and that's what you pay. However, in this case for this demo bike and because we've been loyal customers... all the stars in the sky aligned and they offered us a smoking deal that we couldn't pass up. On Tuesday (the GM had already made plans to ride the bike today) we'll have a second Spyder -- and because you won't believe it without pictures, here's Don's new toy:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White